Saturday, December 09, 2006

Coffee & Cake on Joff




We came to Manchester today to do some Christmas shopping and see Amie & Mum. We're staying over tonight. Dad flies in from his trip to America early in the morning so it'lll be good to see him. We went into Manchester city centre this afternoon and enjoyed the Scandanavian Mackets in St Annes Square today, there were all kinds of gifts and foods, live 'stomp' band and finches chirping in the trees. Hally got a candy cane and we had the obligitory visit to the Diney Store. Then this evening Beth and I were about to go out to do some shopping again and Joff (our 11 year old son) slipped £5 into my hand and told me to enjoy a coffee and cake with Beth! How cool is that.

So here's the evidence that we actually spent his cash! (The Carrot Cake was probably the best I've ever tasted, stunning!) Late night shopping is fun, Beth found an adorable cuddly girraffe that I fell in love with but wouldn't let her buy for me. The little street cred I have left would dissolve instantly! Tomorrow we'll spend some time here with Dad then go home via our new church in Wrexham.

No comments: