Friday, December 08, 2006

101 things about me:




1. I’m a good extrovert but most happy being an introvert
2. I think I was quite naive when I was a teenager.
3. I used to have a Chopper bike which was better than Greg’s Grifter
4. I used to collect matchboxes, in a way I guess I still do.
5. I wrote to Noel Edmonds on Swap Shop to show my collection – he never wrote back.
6. I used to love Toblerone, now it’s Snickers.
7. I used to like Refreshers… I still do.
8. I used to love tulips now it’s forget-me-nots and roses
9. I used to support Manchester United, now I don’t support and team.
10. I used to like red-heads… now I just like Beth.
11. I used to have a dog called Ben, he was a sheep dog I think he was 12 and I was 16 when he died.
12. Our family has had Blizzard the Dalmatian, Fox the sheepdog that got shot and now we have Judder a Weimaraner.

13. We live on a beautiful smallholding farm on a hill on the Welsh borders.

14. We’ve got pigs, geese, ducks, chickens
15. We did have goats but they’re meat now!
16. We eat a lot of vegetarian food.
17. We’d like to eat even less meat
18. I hated school

19. Mainly because I was bullied and I felt really alone
20. I love being British but I think I’d fit in better in parts of the USA or Canada
21. I loved living in Estes Park CO for a while when I worked at Ravenscrest
22. I failed my American driving test the first day I drove a car
23. I passed my American driving test the second day I drove a car
24. I loved skiing in Colorado.
25. I played soccer for the Estes Park Eagles.
26. I wasn’t great!
27. My first crush was a girl from Sweden
28. I loved spending time with my cousins growing up. Especially Kenton and Anna.
29. When I was 11 I went to America for 5 weeks, we went Rodeo horse riding, hunting, water-skiing, Disneyland, flew to various States with my Dad preaching.
30. I was the first person in my high school to go to America.
31. Mr Cain was my Maths teacher. I think he was the only teacher that I liked.
32. That could be why I still love Math.
33. We Homeschool Megan, Joff & Hally and I teach them Maths.
34. I love food; marmalade on toast with tea, bacon on white bread & butter, raspberry pavlova, Nachos, Marmite & Philadelphia on toast and Roast Sunday lunch. Beth’s is even better than Mum’s (Don’t tell Mum!)
35. I love log fires on crisp Autumn evenings
36. Greg and I used to sell sweets for a profit in Worsley by the orange canal.
37. I setup & ran Mephisto’s Discos when I was 17.
38. My parents didn’t let me go to Discos.
39. I made £100s
40. My Dad was angry, and proud I think, when he found out.
41. I had a special friend called Sacha for a long time.
42. I grew up in Salford, I liked it but didn’t fit in.
43. I went to the local high school whilst my brothers went to a Private all boys school.
44. I went there in the 6th form and jumped out the window.
45. I failed my A’levels but I liked the ‘all girls’ school next door.
46. I was on a huge Ferry from Holland when we crashed into a tanker, we started sinking but we made it!
47. It was on the sinking ferry I had my first real ‘snog’ with a Dutch girl.
48. I had a best friend called Derek, we met at Manchester’s Nazarene Bible College, he was my best-man and we went all over South Africa together.
49. He died last year.
50. I’ve done youth work or youth ministry for a lot of my working life
51. I’m now a Children’s Right Officer
52. I still think of myself as a youth worker
53. I love working with young people.
54. I have a slight twist in my left index finger since it was shattered by a sledge hammer.
55. I like ‘real’ people, people with character and people who have passion.
56. I hate injustice, oppression and lack of integrity
57. I love playing the piano even though I’m not very good.
58. I get dandruff when I’m stressed.

59. My best ever holiday was Disneyland Paris last year.
60. I’ve always found it hard being a Christian but disliking religion and most Christians!
61. I’ve had loads of jobs including Lumber-jack, ski-instructor, mushroom picker, waiter (many times) charity tele-sales, mechanic, insurance salesman (my most hated one!) Radio DJ, Chef, Barman, Restaurant trainer, Gift Shop Owner, Newsagent, Hospital porter, Hospital theatre technician, McDonalds Trainee manager, Video shop assistant manager, Evangelist, Youth worker, White Van driver, Graphic Designer, Speciality Cake Decorator, Youth Pastor, Film-Maker.
62. I’ve been working for Powys for nearly 6 years now.
63. I loved living in Coquille OR for a while but I guess my family was too young and working for a church can be outrageously frustrating!
64. I miss having BBQs on the beach by Bandon Lighthouse
65. We still celebrate Thanksgiving each year.
66. I love my parents, my brothers and my adorable lil’ sis but I don’t feel like I fit in!
67. I really enjoy movies, amongst my favourites are: Matrix, Calamity Jane, Love Actually, Pride & Prejudice (new), Little Women, Shrek, Little Mermaid, All Die Hards, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Rain Man, The American President and many more
68. I loved being at the births of my three wonderful children, it was tough & scary with complications but to hold them in your arms, melting, loving, falling, hoping in those first few hours is indescribable.

69. I believe the Bible… totally! 6- 24 Hour days of creation around 6000 years ago.
70. I believe lots of things but that’s another list.
71. My first car was a silver Ford Capri and I loved it
72. Vasectomies aren’t that bad.
73. I liked being a mechanic at Frank’s Garage
74. I love long summer days on Aberdovey beaches
75. I’ve never taken illegal drugs,
76. I’ve only smoked half a cigarette but I miss the second hand smoke from Restaurants
77. I’ve never been drunk
78. I am a rebel though and always have been although it doesn’t sound like it.
79. I like thinks pretty, I like ribbons and tiny flower prints.
80. I guess I have a strong feminine side.
81. I’m not gay
82. Whilst on Honeymoon in North Africa we hitch-hiked to the Sahara desert to ride camels and go skinny dipping in an oasis!
83. We got kidnapped by smugglers and ended up in a Tunisian jail.
84. I wanted to be a fireman but that’s not worked out yet.
85. I love sunny ice-cold winter’s mornings.
86. I love it when our pond overflows
87. I have a big yellow Canadian canoe
88. I like playing Basketball late at night alone in our Barn.
89. I don’t use shampoo when I wash my hair.

90. Beth and I got separated, divorced, friends, dating, engaged and married again.
91. God gets all the publicity and appreciation for that and it’s much much better this time!
92. I’ve never known love like this.
93. Fame has never enticed me or impressed me.
94. I went up in a glider plane and it scared me.
95. I like photography and design.
96. I really don’t like mornings but I’m getting better and I will one day.
97. I love the Isle of Skye in the Scottish Highlands.
98. I think it is my favourite place on earth. (except for the midges.)
99. I am against fear in all its guises
100. I’ve had lots of nicknames.
101. I think I like Nidge the best.

No comments: