Monday, December 11, 2006

Yummy Christmas Sliding!


Following some seriously Yummy Chocolate cake, (by the way, doesn't my sister Amie look like about 15 in this photo!) we came home to light a log fire, watch a movie and inadvertently start that downward indulgent Christmas slide toward lethagy. So at 10:00 I crawled out of bed to make a late start to Homeschooling. We we doing sequence formulas and after making a hexagon chain out of matchsticks Megan worked out the formula is 5n+1.

Why do we see Christmas as a time of 'self' indulgence? Why do I let any period of holiday from work become a downward sliding where I let go of the habits that help me and leave myself feeling depressed and indulged. Perhaps I beginning to realise thatself-indulgence in self-destructive. I hereby commit myself to making sure this holiday is a positive one where I use the opportunity of absence of work to invest in me rather than indulge me!

No comments: