Sunday, February 18, 2007

Andy n Amie


Today was fun! It's strange how showing someone round where you live reminds you of why you moved here in the first place. Andy and Amie came down and it was fun to take them up to the Montgomery Castle, which by the way was built originally in1223 but became redundant as a castle in the 1600's after somebody important decided to move the border of England and Wales a few miles. (Thankfully there was a sign that had all that historical information on it that Meg and I read on the way in so we didn't look like complete ignorant natives when Andy asked about the castle.....shhhh don't tell him!)

Nidge, Meg and Hally also got to take them to Montgomery Church which is so beautiful.....(Nidge and I have always thought it would be a great place for weddings!) whilst they did that Joff and I headed down to town to pick up a chinese meal so that Andy would have the strength for his monopoly play off with Hally! Amie won in the end!



4 comments:

K said...

These are fantastic photos. I cannot look at your pictures in Wales anymore or I will force my husband to move there. It is unbelievable how a plave I've never been, can have such a pull. I know it is my heritage to want to be over in the green lands, but it is almost an obsession. We just started reading (drooling over) "Scottish Homes". All my favorite tv shows are about homes in the UK. Actually, keep the pictures coming. We can afford that much easier than moving!

Poetsch Family said...

Those pics are awesome. Glad you got to spend some time with my little brother.

Amie said...

Your pictures are good, really good. We had such a good day, thanks (and I appreciate you mentioning my win)

Andy Wouda said...

hey it was fun to be able to hang out with you guys, I'll soon be back and this time I be playing Monopoly with Hally and I'll win!