Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Patchwork Life


I think that I'm quite good at multitasking, however, under stress I find I revert to being narrowly single task focussed. I have a filmmaking commission I'm working on at the moment and many things I'd usually do are suffering: less walking, less trips with the kids, less simple pleasures.


Today I had a meeting for work at Staylittle; one of my favorite places. I took the time to leave early so I could stop, read my bible, walk & pray on the hill above the lake (LLyn Llewedog - pronounced Klin Clew ed og) then after the meeting I went for a walk and bought some lunch in the village shop. Then on the way home I stopped in Llanidloes (clan id loy s) and went to a patchwork quilt exhibition in the local art gallery. I think I might be inspired to try learning to make one!
Simple little intentional actions in different areas can mix together. If I'm at work it doesn't mean I can't mix in other things, If I'm busy I might be more productive if I do sessions of a variety of things rather than just one till I get it done. In a film called 'About a Boy' the main character starts by saying he divides his day into 48 half hours sections and allocated them to different activities. I like that.... perhaps my inspiration to patchwork could become an organisation ideology as well.


No comments: