Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just waiting for the plumber!!!!

We have a plumber coming today. I say that with hopeful enthusaism as we have been expecting him since August, but a conversation this week ended with "I'll see you Wednesday morning!" so the fact it's Wednesday afternoon is not a great sign! There's a very laid back approach in this area....our six month old leaking pipe pales into insignificance to the neighbours sixteen year wait for a re-dig of her well for instance. The leaks we have in the conservatory roof aren't that bad as it was only supposed to last ten years so the fact it leaks after fifteen is impressive and not to be moaned at. There's a logic here that a person only really grows into after a decade or so apparently. We've only three years to go!!

This is not however the reason that I'm blogging. I would like to say that Nidge's drive to get up in the morning is still going well and should be praised! I on the other hand am "A sleepy head"

1 comment:

K said...

You all sound very patient over there. people here want everything yesterday, not tomorrow and definately not next week. I admit that I am not sure I could be patient for that long, especially something like plumbing! Congrats to your hubby. There is something inspiring about hearing someone making a goal and sticking to it daily.