Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ohhh...Christmas Tree!


Yesterday evening was all about the Christmas Tree!

One of our family traditions is to buy each family member an ornament for the tree.
Each one has a tag with name and year on it so the tree becomes very personal.
It is one little present we each get to open whilst putting the tree up. So up above are this year's offerings. Megan Joff and Hally's then Beth's and mine. Yes I like Angels.... leave me alone! (I believe in 'real' ones too but that's for another post.) The Tree is now resplendent! That's Joff putting his decorations on.

Today, Hywel & I drove up to Manchester to do some Christmas shopping for our wives. We spent some time in the Lowry shopping mall before visiting the Lowry Art Gallery. We dropped in on my parents for tea (and some of my Mum's amazing flapjacks) and to return some files to Amie.
Hywel wanted to go to JJB's Soccer Dome. He mockingly asked me if I'd ever visited of these things called "sport shops"! We then managed a couple of hours at the Trafford Centre accompanied by various carol playing bands before driving home. It was really good to spend the day with a good friend being real and talking about everything including our faith.


No comments: